What can I say, except that I love going to class
We had a series of sessions today, ranging from a Q &A with current and past students as well as the PAcE director at Ross. I believe I mentioned in a few posts about the PAcE program and although I initially thought I would be joining I know believe that it would be a big mistake. My reasoning comes from my schedule and the commitment to joining the program. My day-to-day life is pretty insane as it is, with classes from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. and exams every 2 weeks. Therefore, after I'm done with class, the only thing I can really do is eat, study, and sleep. If I joined PAcE, I would have to skip classes and mediasite (watch the lectures I miss online) while our sessions met. I am a classroom kinda girl and I suspect that would just lead to problems in my study routine. Everyone definitely has a different way of studying and processing the information we learn in class but I know that if I wasn't in class, I would get anxious and paranoid at what I could be missing. I can always join PAcE later if I decide to do so in semesters 2-4 on the island but for now, I think I will be sticking to my own way of studying, which will undoubtedly include aspects of the PAcE program. Studying in groups, going to talk with professors and TA's (hopefully I can TA a class next semester even) will be a part of my weekly routine, in addition to practice questions that are offered to all students.
After saying all of this, you can probably imagine that my life is going to change quite drastically in the next few days. This being the case, I plan on having a great time over the next 4 days with my friends here. I'm 100% certain that the library will be my new best friend, along with my cadaver, ha ;)
I will try my best to keep this blog up to date during my study breaks. I think that I will have to try to make a balance as much as possible to communicate back home, exercise, and also have fun on the weekends. That seems to be the number one way of being successful in medical school. Obviously, it is not all about studying but enjoying what I am trying to accomplish with those around me and most importantly staying healthy and focused while doing so.
Here's to the next 4 days! :)
After saying all of this, you can probably imagine that my life is going to change quite drastically in the next few days. This being the case, I plan on having a great time over the next 4 days with my friends here. I'm 100% certain that the library will be my new best friend, along with my cadaver, ha ;)
I will try my best to keep this blog up to date during my study breaks. I think that I will have to try to make a balance as much as possible to communicate back home, exercise, and also have fun on the weekends. That seems to be the number one way of being successful in medical school. Obviously, it is not all about studying but enjoying what I am trying to accomplish with those around me and most importantly staying healthy and focused while doing so.
Here's to the next 4 days! :)
Comments
Post a Comment