The last day of 2010!

Today was mostly dedicated to running errands and getting things together for our incoming student orientation next week. Despite our first heavy rainfall experience in Dominica-Ripsey, Romilda and I joined forces and managed to do all of the tasks we had set forth to do for the day. As in my previous entry, we had plans to go to Champs for New Year's Eve and started planning with the gang to meet up that evening for a fun evening out...
In my rain gear
The gang
Officially 2011!

In addition to thinking about the future and what is to come in the next year, I've also reflected about 2010 as well. I am really thankful that I was able to complete a year of AmeriCorps with Habitat for Humanity East Bay. I learned a great deal about what it takes to run a nonprofit and the enormous amount of work and dedication that volunteers as well as donors do every day of the week to make families dreams come true with a place to call home. Whether that is in the East Bay or in El Salvador, I was fortunate enough to see both world's surprising similarities and differences, while leaving more enriched because of the experiences/observations. I'm thankful that I met those that work at Habitat and all of my AmeriCorps friends! :) It was a challenging experience but one that I will carry with me forever.

I couldn't have had a better year with those that I love the most --my family and friends. I wish us all a successful, healthy, and most of all a year of love and happiness. Let's have no regrets but live life to it's fullest, here's to 2011!

Comments