2 weeks left!


Leaving "The Golden State" of California was one of the most difficult and unexpected transitions of my life. Seeing that I met some of the most important people in my life and experienced far more than I could have dreamed, it should have been obvious that I wouldn't be able to simply let go and move on. I tried to prepare myself mentally but sure enough, I couldn't put up a facade long enough to see right through my own imagery and then finally accept my emotions for what they were as well as the new life that lay ahead. Of course, although I've left the Bay for now, I hope there's a residency spot waiting for me in a few years. I feel that I have some unfinished business to attend to... ;)

Ever since I was 6 years old I've dreamed of being a doctor and now in just 2 weeks, it's finally happening, my dream is coming into fruition. Terrifying and exciting all at once. From my plastic stethoscope to receiving one that is authentic, is an incredibly surreal feeling. It was not an easy feat to be accepted into medical school, that's for sure. I reached beyond passion to discover an essence within myself I had never seen before- my perseverance being at an all-time high to reveal to skeptics that I wasn't backing down.

I'm now about to embark on a journey that will be challenging, strenuous, rewarding, and what I believe to be my true vocation in life. I feel privileged to begin my next step towards becoming a professional of medicine at Ross University on the "Nature Isle of the Caribbean." Just as I say to many of my friends in Berkeley about my decision to come to California from Texas, I would have never imagined spending the last 2.5 years on the West Coast let alone the first 16 months of my medical career on Dominica island--but I am! 

Here's to all of the things that had to happen to get me where I am today--indelible people, places, life bumps and triumphs. Another adventure awaits and I'm sure it will be an experience of a lifetime! I will keep you posted as it unfolds...

Comments